Android 12 changelog, now stable
CalyxOS 3, Android 12 is now available for Pixel 3 and above. Pixel 6 and 6 Pro are supported.
We would like to thank everyone for being patient with us about the release.
A big thank you to all the testers who helped us identify issues.
The builds are now available in the stable channel. It will be just like any other OTA upgrade.
You can freely switch to the stable channel from beta or testing, and going forward you will get stable updates only.
- CalyxOS 3 - Android 12
- A smoother, more responsive UI!
- When an app accesses the microphone, camera, or your location, an icon appears in the status bar.
- You can disable camera and microphone access for all apps on the device, by pressing a single toggle option.
- Choose between giving apps access to your precise location or an approximate location instead.
- Clipboard access notifications.
- Privacy dashboard gives you a clear and comprehensive view of when apps access your location, camera or mic over the past 24 hours.
- Scrolling screenshots allow you to capture all the content on the page in one image.
- The firewall was entirely reworked, to make it work reliably and prevent leaks.
- SIP calling was removed by Google but has been re-added by us, work in progress, outgoing calls may have issues.
- Seedvault Backup:
- Major improvements to the backup format, making it a lot faster to backup and restore.
- Nextcloud backups should be much more reliable now.
- Support DAVx5’s WebDAV backend as a backup location.
- Material You - Dynamic theming - will be available in a future update.
- AMOLED Black theme - will be re-added in a future update.
- Accent color, icon shape and font changes - no longer available in AOSP.
Security update notes
- The Pixels 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, 4a, 5, 4a (5G), 5a, 6, 6 Pro contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- The Pixels 3 and 3 XL are not being updated by Google anymore, so they only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.