September Security update
The September Security update is here. It’s basically the last update (2.8.2/.3) with the September 2021 security patches applied on top.
- CalyxOS 2.9.0 - Android 11
- September Security update (2021-09-05)
- Change build number to 202109290 (2021 September, CalyxOS 2.9.0) to work around an issue where latest Google Camera would crash when trying to use Night Sight
- Updates for all included apps
- Fix fingerprint scanner / biometric usage in apps
- Add a file needed for Google Camera to work
Security update notes
- The Pixels 3, 3 XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4 XL, 4a, 5, 4a (5G), 5a contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- The Pixels 2 and 2 XL are not being updated by Google anymore, so they only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.
- The Xiaomi Mi A2 is still getting security updates, but those are Android 10 and usually released towards the end of the month, whereas CalyxOS is Android 11 and releases the updates right as they're available. This means that the A2 lags behind slightly, by a month or two, in getting security updates for proprietary components.