Android 12 update plans
Google has released Android 12 to AOSP. They are yet to release the Android 12 update for the Pixels though, stating that it’ll be available in the next few weeks.
We have started work on porting CalyxOS to Android 12. We can port the general OS changes we make (microG, work profiles, firewall to name a few) right now, and then wait for Google to release the update for the Pixels before we can start working on having builds ready.
- Pixel 3 and above: Will receive Android 12 update after Google releases it, and we port our changes.
- Pixel 2: Still looking into the feasibility of porting Android 12.
- Mi A2: Same, we’re still looking into it.
- Pixel 6: This will be supported, however it will take a while since it’s an entirely new device, and we’d also need to do the 12 port in general before we’re able to release Pixel 6 builds.
- Other devices: We’re looking into supporting more devices, however for now we’re prioritising the Google-supported Pixels for Android 12.
You can follow the progress on GitLab and Gerrit. We will continue posting more updates as the port progresses.
We’re also working on getting the October 2021 Security update (Android 11) out for all supported devices.