June 2022 Security update - Pixels
CalyxOS 3.6.0 - Android 12L is now available for all supported Pixels, i.e. Pixel 3 - Pixel 6
Newer Fairphone and OnePlus builds will be available later, with the security update and additional fixes based on feedback from testing.
- CalyxOS 3.6.0 - Android 12L
- June 2022 Security update & Feature drop (2022-06-05)
- Chromium: Switch to a Bromite fork with many features!
- Chromium: Adblocking built-in, ads are blocked by default. Control per-site by tapping the padlock, and then permissions.
- Chromium: 102.0.5005.78
- Camera: Add QR code Scanner, usable by launcher shortcut (long press icon)
- Also accessible by a Quick Settings Tile
- Exempt Bluetooth from location indicators
- Entirely redesigned SetupWizard, following Material You
- Switch to gesture navigation by default for new installs.
- Drop DuckDuckGo Privacy Browser. It’ll still be kept installed if you had it already.
- F-Droid: 1.15.2, switch to using APK signed by F-Droid (instead of us.)
- Update all included apps.
Pixel 4, 4a, 5, 4a 5g, 5a, 6, 6 Pro
- Support automatic high brightness mode
- Chromium (and other Chromium based browsers) crash on video playback if microG is disabled. Looking into it.
- Chromium: Enabling native autofill for incognito mode causes a crash, looking into it.