August Security update, Android 12L - Pixels, FP4
CalyxOS 3.8.0 - Android 12L is now available for all supported Pixels, i.e. Pixel 3 - 6a, and the Fairphone 4
The previous build, 3.7.2 was only released as beta.
We will also be releasing the September Security update next week with Android 12L for these devices, just to have some builds out while we’re working on Android 13.
- CalyxOS 3.8.0 - Android 12L
- Android 13 Work in Progress!
- August 2022 Security update (Partial, open source patches)
- Chromium: 104.0.5112.97 (105 is being tested)
- Work profile creation has been fixed. Entirely reworked, now create them from the new “Work profile” app.
- Settings: Re-add AMOLED dark mode
- Dialer: Add Signal and WhatsApp option when dialing arbitrary numbers directly
- Calendar: Fix crashes
- SeedVault: Exclude backup provider from backup
- SeedVault: Screen reader improvements
- Settings: Allow user configurable fingerprint wake-and-unlock (for FP4)
- Fix Settings app crash
- Update all included apps.
Work is in progress and going well.
You can follow it at https://gitlab.com/groups/CalyxOS/-/epics/33
The aim is to get some builds out ASAP for the Google supported Pixels, i.e. Pixel 4 - 6a, and then we will spend some time looking at the Pixel 3, 3a and Fairphone 4, see what is possible and post an update.