These are instructions to install the OTA updates that are usually delivered directly to your device.
Note: If you're installing CalyxOS for the first time, you should get the factory image instead and follow the factory image installation instructions.
- Download the build to a PC with
- Power off the device.
- On the Pixels, hold volume down + power to launch fastboot mode. On the Mi A2, hold volume up + power to directly go into recovery. Mi A2 users can skip the next step
- Use the volume buttons to scroll the fastboot menu, and select “Recovery mode”. Use the power button to confirm.
- You will see an icon (like the one below) with the text “no command”. This is completely normal.
- Hold power, and while keeping power held, press the volume up button and release it.
- This should bring you to a menu with multiple items, saying “Android Recovery” at the top.
- Use the volume button to scroll to “Apply update from ADB”. It’ll be the third or fourth item depending on the device. Select it using the power button
- This will bring you to a black screen with some text at the bottom, at which point the phone is waiting for commands from the PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC, and run
adb sideload the-ota-update-you-downloaded.zip
- This will take a few minutes.
- When done, select reboot system and you will have it installed.
Step 5 image: