4.3.2 - Bugfixes and improvements
CalyxOS 4.3.2 is now available for all supported Pixels, and the Fairphone 4.
Bumped to stable as of Dec 7, 2022.
- The December Security update is work in progress.
- It’s bigger than usual given that it’s one of the Quarterly Platform Releases, and thus it will take some time to fully integrate.
- CalyxOS 4.3.2 - fixes random reboots that happened in the 4.3.1 beta
- New bootanimation, new default wallpaper!
- Old wallpaper, and one more new option is available.
- Launcher: Fix layout bug
- Camera: Potential fix for images disappearing
- SeedVault: Add a log option to “Expert Options” to help debug issues
- Calendar (Etar): Latest upstream update, bugfixes and improvements
- Gallery: Show correct location in image info
- Settings: Add System -> Other Options, to expose some commonly used Developer Options without needing it enabled.
- microG: Fix some cases where google account login with FIDO hardware key failed.
- Chromium: 108.0.5359.79 (latest stable)
- microG: v0.2.26.223616
- Work profile: Improve app layout, add some helpful text.
- microG: Remove entry from Settings -> System to avoid confusion. Launcher icon still present.
- Support creating a work profile on secondary users.
- Make status bar firewall icon (globe) more reliable
- General firewall / networking improvements
- Updates for all included apps
- Drop Tasks as an optionally included app (still available if you had it installed)
- Replace Weather (no longer being developed) with Geometric Weather as an optionally included app.
- Translation updates
- Use stock charging animation when powered off
Pixels 3a - 5, 6 - 6a (aka except 3, 3 XL, 5a, 7, 7 Pro):
- Fix SafetyNet attestation
Pixels 3a, 4a:
- Allow configuring multiple vibration levels, for real this time.
- Settings -> Sound and vibration -> Vibration and haptics
Pixels 3, 3a:
- Known issue: eSIM isn’t working, being looked into
- Make wide-angle camera available to third party apps (OpenCamera, Google Camera, amongst others)
- Over-the-air Updates: CalyxOS updates are delivered over-the-air (OTA) automatically, without any manual intervention needed. However, if you'd like to manually update your CalyxOS install, see OTA.
- Security Updates: The Pixels 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 4a (5G), 5, 4a contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- Security Updates: The Fairphone 4 stock OS follows a different security update release schedule, which usually lags behind by a month or two compared to Pixels. The CalyxOS releases for it only contain the latest fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware get updates as soon as the stock OS update is available.
- End-of-life: The Pixels 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, 3 XL, 3 are no longer being updated by Google, so the CalyxOS releases for these devices only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.