December bugfix update
CalyxOS 4.4.1 - December 2022 Quarterly Platform Release and Security update is now available for the Pixels 3 - 7, and the Fairphone 4
It was bumped to stable on Monday, January 2, 2023.
We’re still investigating the issues reported in 4.4.0, mainly the random shutdowns which seem to be happening for some people.
- CalyxOS 4.4.1
- Bugfix release
- December 2022 Quarterly Platform Release and Security update
- Fix lockscreen clock font, revert to previous look (pre-December)
- Chromium: 108.0.5359.128 (Latest stable)
- Re-add double tap to sleep
- Fix reboot timeout not working correctly in some cases (such as when set to 2 hours)
- Remove cast quick settings tile (because it does not work on CalyxOS :()
- Fix toast messages in some apps in dark mode being unreadable
- Music (Eleven): Add a link to Equalizer (AudioFX) in Settings
- F-Droid: 1.15.4
- FP4: Update to FP4.FP4I.A.175.20221207
- Over-the-air Updates: CalyxOS updates are delivered over-the-air (OTA) automatically, without any manual intervention needed. However, if you'd like to manually update your CalyxOS install, see OTA.
- Security Updates: The Pixels 7a, 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 4a (5G), 5, 4a contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- Security Updates: The Fairphone 4 stock OS follows a different security update release schedule, which usually lags behind by a month or two compared to Pixels. The CalyxOS releases for it only contain the latest fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware get updates as soon as the stock OS update is available.
- End-of-life: The Pixels 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, 3 XL, 3 are no longer being updated by Google, so the CalyxOS releases for these devices only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.