Another January update - Bugfixes and new features!
CalyxOS 4.5.1 - January 2023 Security update - Bugfixes and new features is now available for the Pixels 3 - 7, and the Fairphone 4
Released to stable on January 25
- CalyxOS 4.5.1
- January 2023 Security update
- Fix unresponsive black screen / apparent shutdown
- Camera: Replace the app with LineageOS Aperture - implements several missing features - https://lineageos.org/Changelog-27/#amazing-aperture
- Chromium 109.0.5414.86 (latest stable)
- microG: v0.2.27.223616
- Work profile: Fix apps missing from Recents in some cases
- Fix Firewall VPN handling, especially with split tunnels
- Settings: Fix possible TTS crash during language selection
- Bug reports vibrate noticeably, including after completion
- Launcher: Fix openining of wrong app from search
- Launcher: Themed icons option now available, they only show up on homescreen
- SeedVault: Mark Nextcloud as not recommended due to multiple issues reported. DAVx5 can be used for Nextcloud as well
- SeedVault: Warn before turning off backups
- SeedVault: Grant permission required for storage backups
- Settings -> System -> Other Options: No need for Developer Options for these!
- Wi-Fi non-persistent MAC randomization
- Bug reporting features
- OEM Unlocking
- Update translations
- Update all included apps
Pixel 6, 6a, 7
- Allow unlocking phone via fingerprint without pressing power button, Settings -> Display -> Lock screen -> Long press on fingerprint sensor to unlock phone
Pixel 3, 3a
- Update kernel to Linux 4.9.336
- Update kernel to Linux 4.19.269
- Bluetooth: Fix some A2DP issues
- Over-the-air Updates: CalyxOS updates are delivered over-the-air (OTA) automatically, without any manual intervention needed. However, if you'd like to manually update your CalyxOS install, see OTA.
- Security Updates: The Pixels 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 4a (5G), 5, 4a contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- Security Updates: The Fairphone 4 stock OS follows a different security update release schedule, which usually lags behind by a month or two compared to Pixels. The CalyxOS releases for it only contain the latest fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware get updates as soon as the stock OS update is available.
- End-of-life: The Pixels 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, 3 XL, 3 are no longer being updated by Google, so the CalyxOS releases for these devices only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.