February Security update
CalyxOS 4.6.0 - February 2023 Security update is now available for the Pixels 3 - 7, and the Fairphone 4
It was released on stable on Monday, 13 February.
- CalyxOS 4.6.0
- February 2023 Security update
- Chromium 109.0.5414.117 (110 work in progress)
- Fix Firewall VPN handling, again
- Set “Play Store” as installer when installing from Aurora Store to make some apps work
- Over-the-air Updates: CalyxOS updates are delivered over-the-air (OTA) automatically, without any manual intervention needed. However, if you'd like to manually update your CalyxOS install, see OTA.
- Security Updates: The Pixel Fold, Tablet, 7a, 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 4a (5G), 5 contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- Security Updates: The Fairphone 4 stock OS follows a different security update release schedule, which usually lags behind by a month or two compared to Pixels. The CalyxOS releases for it only contain the latest fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware get updates as soon as the stock OS update is available.
- End-of-life: The Pixel 4a, 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, 3 XL, 3 are no longer being updated by Google, so the CalyxOS releases for these devices only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.