CalyxOS 4.9.3 is now available for the Pixel 7a
- CalyxOS 4.9.3
- Initial release
You can install it by following the instructions at Install on Pixel 7a.
- Google just announced some new Pixels
- We asked for your feedback last week, and based on that:
- We will try to support the Pixel Tablet
- Many have asked for a tablet that can run CalyxOS, this would be a good start.
- We’ll post updates here as we recieve the device and can start working on it.
- We’re still considering whether we should support it.
- There has been some demand for it, but nowhere near the demand for the tablet.
- Let us know if you’d like to see this supported!
- Over-the-air Updates: CalyxOS updates are delivered over-the-air (OTA) automatically, without any manual intervention needed. However, if you'd like to manually update your CalyxOS install, see OTA.
- Security Updates: The Pixel Fold, Tablet, 7a, 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 4a (5G), 5 contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- Security Updates: The Fairphone 4 stock OS follows a different security update release schedule, which usually lags behind by a month or two compared to Pixels. The CalyxOS releases for it only contain the latest fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware get updates as soon as the stock OS update is available.
- End-of-life: The Pixel 4a, 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, 3 XL, 3 are no longer being updated by Google, so the CalyxOS releases for these devices only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.