July 2023 Security update
CalyxOS 4.11.0 - July 2023 is now available for all supported devices.
Google released this update late, on Wednesday 5 July instead of their usual Monday release.
|Security express||6 July, Thursday|
|Beta||7 July, Friday|
|Stable||11 July, Tuesday|
- CalyxOS 4.11.0
- July 2023 Security update
- Bring back “Aurora Services” for seamless updates. Our intention was never to break that.
- Dialer: Open helpline links in Tor browser when available.
- Update all included apps to latest.
Pixel 3, 3a, 4, 4a, 5, 5a
- Optionally allow unlocking via fingerprint only when screen is on, enable from Settings -> Security -> Fingerprint -> Manage fingerprints -> “Touch to unlock anytime”
- Fix fingerprint unlock - “Touch to unlock anytime” (previously “Unlock only when screen is on”) getting reset.
- Over-the-air Updates: CalyxOS updates are delivered over-the-air (OTA) automatically, without any manual intervention needed. However, if you'd like to manually update your CalyxOS install, see OTA.
- Security Updates: The Pixel Fold, Tablet, 7a, 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 4a (5G), 5 contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- Security Updates: The Fairphone 4 stock OS follows a different security update release schedule, which usually lags behind by a month or two compared to Pixels. The CalyxOS releases for it only contain the latest fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware get updates as soon as the stock OS update is available.
- End-of-life: The Pixel 4a, 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, 3 XL, 3 are no longer being updated by Google, so the CalyxOS releases for these devices only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.