July 2023 Feature update
CalyxOS 4.11.3 - July 2023 Feature update is now available for Pixels 4+, FP4 and SHIFT6MQ
Released to Stable on Wednesday, August 2.
- CalyxOS 4.11.3
- July 2023 Feature update
- Introducing Charging Control, a feature from LineageOS! More details below
- CalyxVPN: 1.1.8-1 (working again, make sure to update to latest from F-Droid)
- Chromium: 115.0.5790.136 (and .138 is on the way)
- Restored the option to “Turn on Wi-Fi automatically” to countries where it is known to work properly (currently USA, Canada)
- Miscellaneous improvements to the creation of new work profiles via the included Work Profile app
- Miscellaneous improvements to core apps primarily maintained by LineageOS, e.g. Calendar, Clock, Contacts, Dialer, Gallery, Messaging, Music
- Settings -> Battery -> Charging control
- Allows you to set a target time to full charge, manually or automatically based on alarm, or other options depending on device
- With this feature enabled on Pixel devices, to preserve battery longevity, charging is capped at 80% when the target time is in the far future
- In a later release, there will be additional flexibility for charging controls
Pixel 3 series
Due to an unexpected last-minute issue, the Pixel 3 series will not receive this update, but a future build will resolve the issue and include all of these improvements.
Pixel 6 and newer
- Improve Google Camera performance
- Allow usage of “Night Sight” feature in some third-party apps (such as Snapchat)
- Over-the-air Updates: CalyxOS updates are delivered over-the-air (OTA) automatically, without any manual intervention needed. However, if you'd like to manually update your CalyxOS install, see OTA.
- Security Updates: The Pixel Fold, Tablet, 7a, 7 Pro, 7, 6a, 6 Pro, 6, 5a (5G), 4a (5G), 5 contain the full security patch, as they are still being updated by Google.
- Security Updates: The Fairphone 4 stock OS follows a different security update release schedule, which usually lags behind by a month or two compared to Pixels. The CalyxOS releases for it only contain the latest fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware get updates as soon as the stock OS update is available.
- End-of-life: The Pixel 4a, 4 XL, 4, 3a XL, 3a, 3 XL, 3 are no longer being updated by Google, so the CalyxOS releases for these devices only contain the fixes to the open source components, such as the OS code and the Linux kernel. Proprietary components such as the bootloader, modem firmware, and other firmware no longer get updates.